Sunday, July 31, 2005

Batman Begins

So I decided to go against that one post and see Batman Begins since so many of you highly recommended it and I unfortunately have nothing more to add to what you all said.

I enjoyed it. The plot was captivating. The actors did a fair job. The director shot the fighting sequences too closely so one couldn't tell what was going on. Blah blah. Same as the rest of the reviews you've read.

I did like the main bad guy. I guess his name was the Scarecrow. That was clever. Instead of having some tough guy, they took a regular, almost nerdy, guy with a soft face and effeminate lips who had a large supply of hallucinogenic gas. With the gas, he puts on a cheap five dollar mask and the victim gets paralyzed into a state of phobic psychosis. Very clever. I'd rather have that than a typical bad guy with super powers, which of course always ends with a drawn out fight scene.

What I did notice though is that Katie Holmes got a big dose of that hallucinogenic drug. Ah, so that's why she's marrying Tom Cruise. Now she has a valid excuse. She's not in the right mind.

Okay, cool. I forgive you, Katie Holmes. Instead of chastising her for marrying Tom Cruise, we need to find a way to rid those drugs from her nervous system. When she gets them out of her system, she'll come to her senses.

I enjoyed the movie while watching it. However, I won't remember it five years from now. For a comic book movie, you could do much worse. It was hundreds of times better than Daredevil which I'm still trying to block out of my memories. That's why I wish I was a wizard. I'd just put that memory of Daredevil into a pensieve and accidently lose it. If someone else finds that pensieve, they could have the two hours wasted out of my life.

This was the best Batman since Tim Burton's Batman I. It wasn't as good as the first X-Men or the first Spiderman though. 7 dead zombies.

9 Comments:

Blogger Turner said...

Yeah, man- I dug it, too.
I concur with your review.

7/31/2005 10:50 AM  
Blogger dave said...

yo zombie, call me next time you go see a movie.

7/31/2005 1:20 PM  
Blogger dave said...

hey, why the heck are you up at 6:48 in the morning on sunday?

7/31/2005 2:28 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Dave - I thought you said you'd go out of town this weekend. We went with Lisa and her girlfriend here in town. Oh, I'm a morning person when I live here in Santa Barbara. It's weird.

Turner - welcome to the Zombieslayer blog. I definitely liked it better than the others except for Batman I.

7/31/2005 4:37 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I agree great movie. It was a date movie for me though ;) first date though, nothing big happened.

7/31/2005 5:45 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Not to piss in your kool-ait, but I don't think Katie's Scientology chaperone will let you get near enough to administer the antidote.. ;-P

8/01/2005 6:55 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I wish you were a wizard too. Then I would know a wizard. That would be handy. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. It's nice to shell out bucks for the show and not regret it.

8/01/2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Sadie - wouldn't life be so much easier being a wizard?

Laura - then we'll have to get clever. I'm not ga ga over Ms. Holmes enough to bother though.

Ben - well, hope it went well. Ah, the dating scene. The memories (most of which I'm trying to forget. Another reason I need a pensieve). ;)

8/01/2005 11:01 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Yeah, life would be a lot easier being a wizard. I'd like to use my wizardly skills to suspend time or speed it up, according to my will. Like say for instance when you are out on a date with your loved one...wouldn't it be nice to suspend time long enough for the date to last as long as you needed it too? I always feel like time flies when you're enjoying yourself and goes tourtously slow when you're waiting for something--like a baby.

8/01/2005 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home