Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Shaun of the Dead

Folks,
The Brits did finally did it. They made their first good movie since the
old Monty Python days. Hurray. Now if only they would do something
about their eroding freedom...

Shaun of the Dead, simply put, was awesome. It was a comedy though,
and it would be a mistake for a training zombieslayer to watch it as an
educational film. For instance, you cannot pretend to be a zombie and
walk amongst them. Zombies know who's a zombie and who's not a zombie.
They can smell you. Yet another reason not to be best friends with a
hippie. You don't want your best friend's stench giving away your
position.

Another mistake in the film is zombies can't play videogames. Yes, you
cannot train zombies to do anything. All they want to do is eat human
flesh. But of course, mistake is the wrong word. This film once again
is a comedy, and it's supposed to make you laugh. Just don't try to teach a zombie to play videogames because you saw it in Shaun of the Dead.

Shaun of the Dead is a romantic comedy that just happens to happen
during a zombie plague. It does have some social commentary, like banning guns will during a zombie plague make the average citizen helpless to a zombie onslaught. With over thirty rounds of ammo, Shaun should have been able to dispatch at least twenty-five zombies. Instead, he slays one. That's because of his lack of training. So, buy the DVD and send it to your Congressman. Tell him (or her) to watch the movie, which clearly shows that citizens without firearm training (and of course firearms) will be helpless during a zombie plague. Yet another reason firearms should be readily available. We need less gun laws, not more.

The movie also tried to make the point about dead-end jobs and friends
that were slackers. I can't help you with the dead-end job problem,
but you don't want a best friend who is too much of a slacker. Note that
he only became useful after a zombie bit him. Before that, I don't recall if he even dispatched a single zombie.

Excellent social commentary, writers of Shaun of the Dead. I highly
recommend this movie to fellow zombieslayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger freaker126 said...

Zombie league? Zombie slayer? I'll have a lookout for "Shaun of the Dead" if it reach my country. Have a lookout for zombie reaching my shores too!

5/11/2005 11:55 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

I doubt if they will tolerate the wobbly cult in Mohammad's country.

5/25/2005 11:59 PM  
Blogger neal said...

I don't think I will be sending a copy of Shaun of the Dead to my congressman. Either him, my senators or the president must have me on some watch list for all the mail I send them. So sending that would be grounds for having me put away somewhere.

12/03/2005 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home