Saturday, May 14, 2005

Random Blogs

In my free time, I enjoy going to random blogs and posting.
Unfortunately, the majority of random blogs seem to be either
in foreign languages (I only speak English and Restaurant
Spanish), ads for stupid crap, or pet sites. Now, nothing
against people's pets, but I could care less about your pets.
I like my pets, but your pets are cute to you and they mean
nothing to me. Just like your baby. If I don't know you, I
don't want to see your baby. If you're a friend or a relative
then that's different, but I could care less about your pets
or your babies if I don't know who you are.

The thing I don't understand is that I'll come across a
wonderful site with someone's amazing prose or poetry, and
they'll be one or zero comments on each entry. Then I'll
come across a site with some guy's stupid cat or ugly baby
and they'll be a dozen comments. What gives? Or someone
will have something seriously deep to say about the state of
the economy, or a political insight and he'll have no comments.
Why is it that people are more interested in a stupid cat then
what's going on in the world? Are people just shallow? Or are
they afraid of rocking the boat/confrontation?

I'll find interesting sites where folks post some beautiful prose or
poetry, or make some witty remark about the state of current
affairs, and nobody comments. So they end up feeling like it's
all a waste of time and give up on their blog. Maybe the ones
with a blog about their stupid cat or ugly baby once had clever
blogs, took them down for lack of readership, and replaced them
with their stupid cat or ugly baby.

We live in a strange world my friends. Sometimes, I look
forward to the plague so we could actually have some excitement.
Here's to all those people who crave ideas rather than pictures
of someone's stupid cat.

4 Comments:

Blogger clothosfate said...

WoooooooooHooooooooo! I am SO with ya... but I may look if you posted pictures of a zombie cat... hmmmm but what about those blogs where people post nudey pictures of their favorite girls? ;p

5/13/2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger seventhsprite said...

I really cannot wrap my head around that blog phenomenon either... It can get pretty hard to find readable, decent blogs!

5/14/2005 8:05 PM  
Blogger neal said...

I don't have a blog myself. I came across yours somehow in the process of looking for pictures of Monica Belluci. Go figure! Anyways I think too many of us don't want to think, plain and simple. Look at the apathy in the political system today. Nobody wants to take the time and effort to think about who and what is best for their future so they don't vote or pay attention. Same thing goes for blogs I am guessing. They would rather be entertained than have to think.

People would rather watch insanely idiotic crap on the tv like Access Hollywood, (yes I have a real problem with that show and anyone who watches it). Or else they are glued to their tv's with beer in one hand and remote in the other switching from ESPN I to ESPN II.

I think that people who do take the time to think out a coherent response to yours, or anyone elses blog should gain safe passage into a zombie safe compound. Anyone else should have to fend for themseleves.

12/03/2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Neal - Glad you have a blog now. I like how you write. Funny how you came across this blog. :)

12/13/2005 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home