Thursday, May 19, 2005

My first migrane

I like being in control at all times. I drink, but only excessively
with the right people. We have a bottle of champagne that was
supposed to be used on New Years that is still to this day in the
icebox. We even have a bottle of Captain Morgan rum collecting dust
in the cupboards, that has been there since my last job. That's how
much of a drinker I am. Since then though, Mrs. Zombieslayer and I
have consumed about two bottles of beer each a week, but we just
don't drink like we used to.

Mrs. Zombieslayer, Grandma Zombieslayer, and Dave all get migranes.
They'd tell me about them, how they'd feel incapacitated, with a
deep, throbbing pain in the back of the eyeballs. Doesn't sound fun.
Up until yesterday, I couldn't relate.

We had a meeting at work yesterday in one of the offices. The light
seemed to be flashing on and off continually. I got really thirsty
and between the thirst, having to go to the bathroom, and the
strobe lights, after two hours, I started developing an overwhelming
pain unlike anything I've ever felt before.

I tore both knees once in a sloppy football tackle. It was my fault.
I was the one doing the tackling. That hurt like a mofo, but as bad
as that was, the migrane was worse.

For the last hour of work, I couldn't concentrate on anything. I
don't even think I was able to see clearly. Luckily, I walked to
work and came close to throwing up in the park, but held it in so as
not to desecrate my town's primary historical landmark.

I got home and immediately went to sleep. An hour later, I woke up
for dinner and could barely eat, consuming a top ramen, some
broccoli, and lots of water. I brushed my teeth and went to sleep.
If this ever happens again, I'm doing what my friend K does,
popping as many Excederin as needed. As anti-drug as I am (I would
not let them put me out when they pulled out all of my wisdom teeth.
Instead, I took one Vicadin, then threw the rest out because I hated
the feeling of not feeling anything. I'd rather have the pain), I'm
not going through another migrane.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Migraines are the worst. And sometimes even drugs don't offer any ease. It's best to just lie down in darkness and peace and quiet, and try to get some sleep.

5/19/2005 3:17 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

It could have been worse ... This guy got his migraine right before a MADONNA concert. I'm not saying Madonna induces Migraines ... I'm just linking to this guy :)

5/19/2005 6:32 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

My ex-wife used to complain about awful head-aches. When we were still married, I was the sympathetic husband. Now, I think the migraines may have been too good for her…but I’m evil that way.

5/19/2005 7:14 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

I too prefer to be in control, so I don't like to drink or do any other drugs that cause me to lose any kind of control... About 8 years ago, at least, I decided I really did not dig being drunk because even though my brain might have known what I wanted to do or say... its connection to my body was in a very slow-moving traffic jam.

5/19/2005 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my man is now into the wobbly scene and i am loving it. who first thought of calling tits wobblies i reallylove the name wobbly it has a sort of wobble doesn'tit

5/25/2005 10:34 PM  
Blogger neal said...

I used to get migraines. I don't know why they stopped but thank God they did. I once had a migraine and a tension headache at the same time. I almost considered a .45 caliber aspirin for that one...

12/03/2005 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home