Friday, May 20, 2005

The Bill of Rights

I love America and I love being an American. The biggest two reasons I love being an American are we live in a gorgeous country and we're pretty much free. I've been to twenty of her states so far. Well, parts are ugly, like Kansas, Highway 50 through Nevada, most of the desert in Southeast California, and Highway 10 through Texas. We're going to lose this beauty though if we let it be overrun by immigration. But that's another topic for later.

The second thing I love about being an American is the freedom. Sure, we have stupid laws that I have no idea why they haven't been thrown out as Unconstitutional, especially our gun laws and the War on Drugs, which is a gross violation of the 4th Amendment. But all and all, we still do have freedom. I really hope the tide turns, enough people get upset, and we start taking our Bill of Rights more seriously.

If you don't have them memorized yet,
click here.
They really need to drum these in to kids' heads when they're in high school.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Same here -- I find plenty to criticize, but I never forget how lucky I am to have the right to do so. I've been around much of the world man, and trust me, the USA is the place to be.

5/21/2005 10:26 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Well, here in California, we have plenty of snow (yeah, I have to drive a half hour to it). But moose, alright, you win.

But wait, our major sports are playing this season. Ha!

5/22/2005 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Billy loves my wobblies so much I get sore nipples and doesn't like the taste of the salve can anyone help

5/25/2005 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home