Friday, March 03, 2006

Odds and Ends

Still have no time, so just dropping by for a quick post. Things going okay so far. Everything's cherry but my lack of sleep. It's really starting to catch up. I already submitted my proposal and I'm waiting for another party to make it happen.

There still is tons of work to do before the funding starts. When it happens, it will all pay off and we'll be together as a family again instead of living in two different cities. Thanks you jack*ss CEO's for sending so many middle class jobs to India, while you all gave yourself bonuses. I'm severely disappointed that none of these jerks got tarred and feathered. We still don't have the net worth we had in 2002 because of it. Other families I know of are in far worse situations, so I can't complain too much.

If you're wondering why kids in America aren't going into computer science, it's because kids aren't stupid. Nobody wants to be treated as disposable.

The anti-zombie compound

Mrs. Z and I still haven't decided which blueprint to go with for the anti-zombie compound. I'm going to submit another one to her soon and see what she thinks of it. It's really hard to tell her tastes.

I can't wait for it to get built. Yeah, I know it's still several years off...

Success

I got an email from a friend of mine that I offended with my last post, so I want to make one thing clear. Success and money are not the same thing. If you like what you're doing, if you have a good family, if you're an asset to your community, you're successful.

I made a list of successful traits awhile back. It made me realize I still have work to do on myself. Yes, I do have flaws. Of all those successful traits, only about 10% had anything to do with money.

Violent crime

One of my pet peeves is when someone tells me how to do something but has no immediate experience with it. It's like, would you like me to remove your gall bladder? No, of course not. I don't like some dork who can't change a tire telling me how to fix my engine.

The same is true with people who never experienced violent crime who tell me what I can and can't do to protect myself and my family. We've lived in ghettos, and now my wife and son are in a nice, safe area while I'm by the refineries again. Although we've lived in much worse places, it still sucks.

I just learned the other day that when someone breaks the window to steal your car stereo, don't grab anything within the car. The nice thing is glass cuts cleanly, so I was able to take the bandages off in only two days. Yeah, I know. I'm kind of stupid like that some times.

There are evil people out there; some real twisted bastards who get off on doing violent acts to innocent people. If one of them attacks you, your best two choices are to do greater violence to him or flee. Either way is fine. Calling the police won't work, because you'll be dead before they get there. That's just reality.

I don't care that Mr. Thug was abused as a child. I don't care if Mr. Thug's daddie was an alcoholic or his mother used to make him wear dresses and belittle him. Mr. Thug attacking me or my family dies. It will be better for you too, because that's one less thug for you and your family to worry about. Plus, saves taxpayer money.

Violent crime is a fact of life in bad neighborhoods. That's why normal people who live in bad neighborhoods do everything in their power to get out of them as soon as possible.

You can't reason with violent criminals. The sad thing is, you just have to protect yourself from them. I've found one thing I have in common with thugs is none of us want to die. That's why the good guys having guns is such a good deterrant. When a thug gets shot and killed by a normal, hard-workin', tax-payin' family man or woman, it makes me happy. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I hate thugs.

Two more weeks and I'm out of here though and in a good neighborhood where I don't need weapons. I like it that way. Until then, I'm armed at all times.

29 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Ouch! Did someone break into your car? Sorry about that :(

3/03/2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger lime said...

so glad for the update zombie. hoping you and the family are reunited sooner rather than later. damn sorry aabout your car.

as for the violent crime thing.......i'm with you. in trinidad we endured a home invasion by 3 gunmen, they were later caught and one died in a gun battle with police. hubby said he felt bad about that guy dying to keep our stuff. i gotta say i didn't. one less scum to terrorize another family. it wasn't about the stuff...it was about the terror

3/03/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Bearette - Yeah, it's no big deal. I have one of those hard to steal stereos, so they took off without figuring out how to get it out. So I'm out $150 to replace the window.

Lime - Too bad the other two weren't killed. That's the way I see it. If the police killed all three, I would have bought them a few rounds of beers. I know that terror feeling, and it's a horrible feeling. Nobody needs to go through that.

3/03/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Our daughter's car has been broken into twice in the last 6 months, and there was NOTHING to steal. The second time, the idiots broke out the window and the CAR WAS UNLOCKED!!
Society would be missing nothing by getting those drugged up, idiotic WASTES OF SPACE off the streets!!

3/04/2006 6:01 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

What? Does that mean 'Hugs For Thugs' isn't the new top-secret program you've been working on? No tee shirts then, I guess.

I'm glad you're still plugging away out there in California. Hope the real plan works out and you're soon with the family.

Miss reading your posts and seeing your comments...so this is nice surprise today.

3/04/2006 8:39 AM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

Sure sucks to be a thug attacking you! I am right with ya though, and I tend to be a non-violent person, but there are always lines.

When I was younger, I would avoid getting into a fight as much as possible, I just didn't like hurting people, but if someone hit me or attacked me, well then that was crossing the line and they got their ass kicked.. or their face, whatever was closest.

I used to sleep with a knife under my bed, when my son was a baby and I was a single mom; I didn't have a gun and wouldn't of had any clue as to how to use one.. well unless it was a rifle and then I know... Now I just keep the sword in the corner of my room ;)

3/04/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Tshsmom - I agree. I'm so sick of dealing with thugs. The people who get hit the hardest are the good guys who live in bad neighborhoods. They're just trying to plug away at life, and are victims of crime continuously.

Shawn - Nope. No hugs for thugs. Watch out for the Zombie Preservation Society as well. Those guys are my arch enemies. They're trying to understand zombies, and more often than not, end up getting bitten.

Clothosfate - When I was younger, I guess I was lucky because I always excelled at every sport I played (except baseball, for some strange reason, I can't hit a baseball). People good at sports got left alone.

Yeah, got a sword, and ax, and a loaded shotgun by the bed. The shotgun has nothing in the chamber and a blank for the first shot. I've always thought parents should have something. If they don't believe in guns, fine, get a taser gun, a sword, a baseball bat, or whatever. It's the job of the parents to insure the safety of their kids, for we all know what a poor job the gov't does at that.

3/04/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

you ALWAYS have to be armed.. Hello??? Zombies!

3/04/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger lime said...

a snarling, barking dog and a shotgun are i think the two most effective deterrents. if the dog doesn't scare someone off it at least warns the owner in enough time to get the shotgun ready and the sound of that bugger being cocked is unmistakeable. the weapon itself also requires little acuracy to incapacitate someone.

3/04/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Hey, welcome back!

3/04/2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Sorry to hear your car got broken into. I get upset at just getting small dings from people being careless.

I'm glad things are moving along for you so you can spend more time with your family. :-)

3/04/2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I like your thugs theory.

3/04/2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Leila said...

hey

hope you and your family are safe till you move...

violent crime is god-awful, we get lots of it here in S.Africa

3/05/2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

Zombiieeeee! Welcome back, well for the time being at least. We missed ya and we are so glad that you and your family will soon be and STAY reunited.

Yeah, sorry about your car. Ha that's why you have to do like me and drive a hoopty car. That way theifs won't bother. ;)

Take care. ;)

3/05/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

I've had my car stereo stolen 3 times in my life and it was in good neighborhoods, I think Thugs are everywhere. It's the gun wheeling ones you have to watch out for I guess.

3/05/2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

For a guy who lives such a hard life, you have a healthy and reasonable manner. I'm with you. At some point we may have the luxury of trying to understand the reasons behind violent bahavior, but a criminal, or terrorist, no matter the origin, understands action and reaction. It's like Analyze This when Dinero warns Crystal, "I'm a fag, you die."

3/06/2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I can only speak for myself - I don't explore the reasons behind criminal behavior to make excuses for people who commit crime but because in order to prevent or reduce the occurance you have to understand the causes. You wouldn't simply put a band-aid on a sucking chest wound and expect something to improve. If we want a better society, we have to build it. This includes keeping violent criminals off the streets, but it also includes promoting ways to reduce the production of future criminals.

3/06/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger neal said...

Sorry to hear about your car. I think it is a shame that people can get away with stuff like that. Breaking into someones car or home should be considered grounds for the use of deadly force. The military can use deadly force to protect its facilities, why shouldn't property owners be able to do the same?

I read that the Mayors of Chicago and New Orleans are trying to ban guns in their cities. I think that these politicians who are against guns should be required to live by the same rules as the average citizen. No armed bodyguards, no security services to protect them. Then if they are attacked or their homes broken into they might realize that the honest hard working folk need guns to protect themselves and their belongings.

I would hate to shoot someone but if needs be I wouldn't hesitate. I would prefer to beat him to death with a baseball bat.

3/06/2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Damn Zombie .. all I can say is shot to kill! Or hurry up and get out of there, I did. It cost me a little more because I got tired of shooting at the bastards and missing. I got some new glasses now, so Thugs beware! I am even going to target practice.

I agree, I don't believe in Thugs having guns and good folks left naked. These days, I pack my piece everywhere I go. I just can't take chances, hell I am too old.

I have miss you indeed!

3/06/2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Hey Zombie! Good to hear from you again. Sorry about the window and the glass cuts--people are morons. I don't know what circumstances would lead a person to break into people's cars or homes and take things that do not belong to them (probably drugs) but I don't care.
I understand your frustration. It makes you angry that someone can just come and take your property and get away with it, doesn't it? It's during times like that we have to remember that even though nobody was watching and perhaps nobody will ever find out that they stole something--God was watching. I find some satisfaction in that...

3/07/2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger Okie said...

Hell yeah.

3/07/2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

My brother's apartment in Chicago just got ransacked.

Those bastards.

3/08/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Miss you, ZS. Hope all is going well and good in your neck of the woods!

Cheers,
marcy_P

3/08/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Evil: Yes, Virginia, there is a Satan. :P You're right, there's a lotta evil people who get simple joy from hurting others.

If you're wondering why kids in America aren't going into computer science, it's because kids aren't stupid. Nobody wants to be treated as disposable. Oh so very true. And so very sad.

I'm delighted you put up another post! You're missed.

3/08/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Hiya Zombieslayer!!

3/14/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger mckay said...

"...good guys having guns is such a good deterrant. When a thug gets shot and killed by a normal, hard-workin', tax-payin' family man or woman, it makes me happy."

exactly. and while we're at it, let's get rid of television and internet in our prisons. argh.

3/16/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger mckay said...

..hey, does this mean i need to trade in my mofo dogs for a taser gun??

3/16/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you don't need to live in a poor depressed neighborhood to be a victim of crime. Crime is everywhere, and it doesn't have to be a thug that does the deed..

your generalizations always drive me up a wall ZS..but I get your point I guess.

3/24/2006 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trump certainly has it right. Iran, No Korea, and Pakastan should be our main focus. The war in Iraq has prevented us from focusing on those states. This is Bush's folly which could cause horrendous damage to the US as one of those states may sell a nuclear weapon to terrorists.

3/27/2006 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home