Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hiatus

Folks, I simply don't have time to blog anymore. I'll come back to announce when the first bar-be-ques are, but my main priority now is to get this business going. I'm tired of working to make someone else rich. It's time I worked to make the Zombieslayer family and closest friends rich.

I've told very few people about what the business is, because I'm tired of the jealousy. So many people are neurotic, and I'm simply tired of being around negative people. I am normal, and now have proof of it. ;)

I got a 12.12% (which is really good, the lower the better) on nonnormie.com's test. Take the test and read the site. It does a better job of exposing political correctness than I could, so my job is done. I'll let him take the flack and get called racist by sheltered and hypersensitive middle-class white people. Assuming I'm white is racist. Do they assume since I could write well, I must be white? Now, who's the f***** racist?

This country is on its way down, and it's for two reasons. The first is apathy. People just bitch, but don't do anything about it. The other is political correctness.

What I will say will offend people, but I'll say it anyways. I won't check up this site so go ahead and slander all you want. I'm out of here.

Losers are losers by choice. Winners are winners by choice. People who are successful are successful because they worked hard. Competition is a good thing. People who lose all the time need to try harder, and yes, they should be made fun of.

Schools waste too much time trying to be fair to everyone. Screw that. They should be creating leaders. There are two types of people in the world - leaders and followers. Sure, everyone has a little of both in them, but you have to admit that there are natural born leaders. What school does nowadays is try to bring down anyone with leadership tendencies. Because it's not fair that some people are better than others.

So sports are all but banned in school. I used to play tackle football during lunchtime. Not anymore. They use the excuse of injury to ban sports, but in truth, they know that sports have winners and losers, and they fear winners.

In the 90s, everything that is wrong became right and everything that is good became wrong. Kurt Cobain, the ultimate loser, became cool, while Hollywood made fun of anyone who was successful.

Alcoholics are losers. So are drug addicts. I can drink and stop, because I have control. I don't let things control me. I control them.

People who are on the streets begging me for money are losers. They made bad choices and now they have to deal with them. And one thing that pisses me off, is that so many of them came from richer backgrounds than I did. Proof of that is they have nice teeth. I don't. One of the first things I do when I get rich is we get our teeth fixed.

I'm not talking about people with bad health who are homeless. I'm talking about bums who are on the streets because they're either drunks, drug addicts, or give me a f***** break, depressed.

We are proof that America is still the land of opportunity. It is a good country. And I'm tired of hearing people complain how unfair it is. Sure, it's unfair. Nothing is fair. Deal with it. Grow the f*** up and stop complaining. If it's so bad, leave. Then you will see how good you have it here.

I've been a foreign exchange student. I've also spent a lot of time overseas. I strongly suggest that before you slam America, you leave it for a year at a time. Only then will you figure out how good we have it.

So stop complaining, and start using the gifts that God gave you. You are gifted, and you are blessed. When you figure that out, you will become successful at anything you want to be successful in. And if someone wants to bring you down, if someone is jealous of you, if someone ever says "you can't," ditch them. Lose them. Never talk to them again. You don't need negativity in your life.

I don't either. As cold as this is, my wife and I cut out over two dozen people the past year. We decided to only associate with winners.

As always, wishing you all the best. I'll be back, but if I'm going to maintain a good blog, I need to get my beauty sleep, which I'm not getting right now doing two full-time jobs, one of which I don't get paid for yet. Once I start getting paid for the other job, I could ditch this one and have time for blogging, because blogging to me is a lot of fun.

33 Comments:

Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Interesting post! I'm sorry to hear (er, read) that you're on hiatus, but I'm sure you'll make a go of whatever-it-is-you're-doing and hopefully have some fun while you're at it.
As for winners and losers - it's all a matter of perspective. "Winners" usually means the wealthy and well-connected, but it's often the "losers" who are happier and more grounded. Maybe there's a delicate balance between the two states of being that we could call "wosers". They don't have all the material wealth society demands, but they have the stability and happiness that can only be achieved through prioritizing and sacrifice.

2/17/2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I think the definition of "winner" and "loser" is different for many people. For my in-laws, the definition "winner" is based almost entirely on material wealth, which I find depressing. I find happiness, self-awareness and love entirely more important.

2/17/2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Anything that will get you back with your family is worth it ZS! We'll miss you!

SME, that comment brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!! Here's to us wosers.

2/17/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger lime said...

zombieslayer, i, for one, will miss you sorely during your absence. i've appreciated your honesty and the thought provoking nature of your posts and the humor. i can't imagine how stressful it's been to be separated from your family and i sincerely hope you are able to get things arranged such that you are all reunited and the job/business side of things is going smoothly.

come back soon.....we need you to lead us agasint the zombies!

2/17/2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

Zombie I'm sorry that you've had a not-so-positive experience from others on trying to fly your new business.

It seems that people can't except that someone is succeeding or possibly doing better than they are. But I'm here to tell you that I think you're very business saavy. I know by reading your blog that you have overcome adversity and that you are the type of person who will acheive anything you set your mind to do.

I do enjoy your blog immensly. I hope you keep sharing bits and pieces of yourself with us, because we've grown quite fond of you.

Keep on keepin' on. ((hugs))

2/17/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger lime said...

btw, i am 14% on that non-normie thing. whaddya know?

2/17/2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

It's been an honor to get to know you - even just virtually. You've said a lot of things that I've wanted to say and made me think of things I might not have otherwise done. What more can a person ask for? You made me think and I appreciate that...even when I've disagreed with you, I've always had to give it a good think.

Anyway, I hope the new business works out great. You deserve the best and it's inspiring to see you reach for it.

Selfishly speaking, I hope you come back soon.

Cheers and good luck!

2/17/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

And I just found you :(

I wish you the best and hope that you come back soon.

2/17/2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Wow Z. As always, your posts are raw and something to read a second time just so everything sinks in.
:)
I'm gonna miss you, man. I was starting to think of you as family. I really hope we can make good on those wishes of meeting up this year for some burned meat and some cold ones.
Please hop on every now and then and visit the Junction. I need to know how to get a hold of you should we want the Zombie-Fam to come out our way, okay--don't become a stranger!
Good luck with the business...
~Sadie Lou Who

2/17/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

In a quick update...I blew out the scale, racking up a whopping 42.42%. I am rather thankfully non-normie. Most be my artistic temperament.

2/18/2006 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zombie,
Ditto what Sadie said. It's great to hear that you'll be focusing more time on the new business and family, but selfishlessly I'm really bummed to see one of my favorite blog sites bite the dust. Would you and your family consider coming up our way to Grass Valley for a barbeque this summer? We've got the ultimate yard for it,with plenty of trees for junior to climb. Whether here or in Chico though, lets for sure make good on the plan of meeting up and eating together once it warms up. Good luck with the new business venture, I'm betting it does well with you at the helm. God Bless you and yours.

2/18/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Well Said. Doing something similar myself these days. Good Luck!

2/18/2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger neal said...

Best of luck to you. I will miss your posts but I am sure you will reach your goals of working for yourself and then you will be back.

Until then, vaya con dios mi amigo...

2/19/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger neal said...

Just took the normie test, got 13%. I guess I am a bit less normal than you but not by much...;-)

2/19/2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Okie said...

I got 19%. I agree with everything you said. Good luck with your business. Don't be a stranger.

2/20/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Good luck! We agree on much, and are very similar people. I'll miss you.

2/20/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

I will miss your blogs terrbily, as all your other readers will I am sure, but I also agree that if it means you will get to be with your family more, then all the best to you!

Also, I agree whole-heartedly with surrounding yourself with positive people and shrugging off the negative ones. I try to do the same thing, or if I can not simply walk away from a person I know will only bring negativity to my life... I just don't let them in very deep, they must stay on the edges and I wear thick gaurds when dealing with them. Being a natural counsellor, I regularily find myself around people with problems, but I have learned to only give what I can and when to draw the line.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and I hope that I get to alot more in the future. Great Fortune to you friend!!

2/20/2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

You scare me Shawn! I scored 9%.

2/20/2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Hey ZS, "cutting back" is definitely a trend these days, huh? Good luck with your ventures, and think of me when they take off -- I know enough about you to know you're the type that's going to succeed, so I'll gladly get on the bandwagon!

2/20/2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

We ARE soul-sisters, Bridg!
9% and 10%; too WEIRD!

2/21/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

If you clue us in, we might be able to send some business your way.
Keep us in the loop.

I'll still be checking in.

2/22/2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I can't imagine an honest person being offended by your post. I think most people think like you do deep down, but some aren't so open to be able to express it to themselves or anyone else. Good luck with your new business. Drop in when you get the chance.

2/23/2006 5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zombie, I'll miss you. I know I've been absent from commenting lately (the whole time thing) but the lack of your level-headed commentary and views will be felt.

What sort of business are you starting? Email me sometime of you have a chance.

2/25/2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

*crying*

I'd been meaning to tell you for a long time that you're one of the people I look forward to getting a comment from most.

I hope it's not a permanent hiatus and I wish you luck on the business. Though I don't think you need luck, you know what you're doing.

2/28/2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I will take the test.

Good luck ZS x

3/01/2006 4:08 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Thanks all.

Just wanted to add that money is not the only measure of success. I wrote up a list of successful traits, and only a few of them involved money.

If you like what you're doing, you have a good family, and you're an asset to your community, you're successful.

3/02/2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger Dawner said...

I have ran into the same ordeal. I am just to busy to blog. I come and go now here and there. It was great to have experienced your thoughts and ideas. I will be back here and there to see if you have returned.

3/02/2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Good to hear from you zom. I thought maybe you went deep undercover in the zombie slaying secret service! Can't wait till you get back to more regular and frequent posting.

until then,

good luck in your endeavors!

~Mike

3/02/2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Um. . . come back. Please?

3/03/2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

I'm with Jen.... we miss you FAR too much for this exile to continue. I know I know, it's selfish... but if I want something, I better ask for it, cause no one else can do it for me.

By the way.. I MADE IT!!!! I broke the record and made it to Director in ONE MONTH... and I earned my car. I don't know when you will return, but when you do, I just wanted you to know that.

3/03/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Dawner - Yeah, know how you feel. I really do want this to be a blog I update at the very least a few times a week, but just don't have time now.

Mike - Actually, working on funding the compound. :)

Jenn - I'll be back. Just not yet. Need my sleep.

Clothosfate - Yeeeeeaaah!

I hope my wife makes her first car. She doesn't even have a driver's license though. Especially looking forward to riding in a pink cadillac. When you do that, I'm flying up to Canada. :)

3/03/2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

I'll send YOU a pink postcard when that day comes... and it will be sooner then you think. I am giving myself, at the max, two years to earn it... could be far sooner. But as soon as my new car comes.. I am planning a road trip!!

Tell Mrs. Z I earned it in 2 months.. it was hard work but OH so worth it!!! Unfortunatly you do have to have your license, or else they make you take the money.. oh darn!

3/04/2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Vest said...

Zom, I shall wait for return.
My vacation to Tasmania was great.
Photo's not available yet, too busy settling into new home, bye for now.

3/08/2006 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home