Friday, January 27, 2006

Cannibals, annoying parents, lost maps, and more!

Cannibal jokes

I haven't heard a good cannibal joke in too long. Luckily, The Fifth Circle of Cubic Hell ended my draught. Click here and laugh. Bsoholic, Thom, and now DaMasta, you three are hilarious.

Speaking of cannibals, two cannibals are eating a clown and one turns to the other and says "does this taste funny to you?"

Upcoming events

For those of you who think I've mellowed out, think that no longer. Next week is parent's week, where I'm going to go all out unpolitically correct, just like in my early days of blogging. It will be fun. We'll make fun of parents that shouldn't be parents, have some laughs at their expense, and offend someone who takes life too seriously. Fun, huh? Well, at least I think so.

Also, I want to give props more often. I used to do that more awhile back, but then again, I had more time back then to really keep up with your blogs. If only we could have more hours in the day. So, with inspiration from Miladysa's Tiaras, I will be linking "must see posts" hopefully at least once a week. So once again folks, if you haven't done this already, please do the following:
1) Go to the Settings tab.
2) Go to Archiving.
3) Set Enable Post Pages to Yes.


I can't link "must see posts" if you don't have this option set.

The map is not in the fridge

Do you have a habit of opening the fridge door and looking inside of it for no reason? Well, I do. So does my real estate agent. Funny thing is, he topped any dumb thing I ever did with a fridge door.

He was roaming around the house looking for the Thomas Guide and guess what he did? Yup. He walked right up to the refridgerator and opened the door, looking for the Thomas Guide before realizing how stupid that was.

Have a good weekend

I'm outta here. Will be in Chico all weekend, and the last thing I'll be doing is sitting in front of a computer. See ya all Monday.

18 Comments:

Blogger Okie said...

hey zs, I checked that yesterday for you and I DO have it set that way. Something else must be causing the problem. Do I need to set the archiving frequency to daily?

If you missed it, go back in my archives and read the post titled "Walk the Walk". It was in December.

Great minds think alike.

1/27/2006 5:27 AM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

zs,
Have a great weekend in Chico and more importantly, away from the computer. About the fridge, ya I find myself gazing into it - seaching for the answers to questions I haven't asked (profound, huh?).

I'm not one for things pc (computers OR correctness) so I look forward to your future musings. Have a great weekend,

Mike

1/27/2006 6:41 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

hah...i wonder who will be offended. what is the Thomas Guide?

1/27/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I'm looking forward to you whippin' up some hoopla around this place! I loed when you would link to other posts because I don't always have time to explore new blogs on a regular basis but by your suggestion--I'd have time.
Have a great weekend, Z.

1/27/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

*loved

1/27/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger begins with v said...

I do the fridge thing all the time! That cannibal joke was awesome...hope you have fun in chico

1/27/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Thomcat said...

i tend to check out the freezer whenever i look for something.

... because i'm always reminded of that one time i left my cell phone in there ...

1/27/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Hurray for un PC posts!

I put the coffee pot in the fridge at work once. Couldn't figure out where it went.

1/27/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Have a good weekend. :-)

Bearette - A Thomas Guide is essential for places like San Francisco. It's a pretty in depth street guide and map. I'd be lost without mine.

1/27/2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Dawner said...

I live alone and have found myself standing there looking inside discussing with myself (out loud) what I'm going to have for supper. I think I need a hobby. :)

1/27/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Oh you have got to be kidding!!! *I* did a post about cannibals today, too! Love the joke...

Anyway, have a great weekend w/ the family!

1/28/2006 5:58 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Do you have a habit of opening the fridge door and looking inside of it for no reason?

Oh hell yeah I do that!

It would of been even more hilarious had he found the Thomas Guide in the fridge. Every now and then I put things in the fridge that don't exactly belong there for no apparent reason.

Things I've found in the fridge (usually after a long night of drinkin): Box of cereal, cigarette lighter, and a cd case - to name a few.

1/28/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger clothosfate said...

I liked the Fifth Circle of Cubic Hell by the well, very funny.

I am SO ready to have some unpolitically correct fun and laugh at people who take themselves too seriously... really it should be a sport.

I am alos one of those people who open the fridge and stand in front of it, trying to decide if I even want anything... but luckily I don't go looking for literature inside it.

Hope your having a GREAT weekend! ;P

1/29/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

The fridge thing must be universal...

Have a fun weekend :)

1/30/2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger kris said...

God, why is making fun of people so damn amusing?

Hope the weekend was a fantastic one.

1/30/2006 1:27 AM  
Blogger lime said...

lol, hope the weekend was great and i can't wait to read your irreverence. i actually did a firday and a monday post in repsonse to your tag, double shot! i couldn'treally pare down the stories and it was to long for one post.

1/30/2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger dave said...

what up, zombie.

1/30/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Okie - figured it out. It was user error on my part. :)

I'm going to link your post next week when I start doing "must reads."
I'll check out "Walk the Walk."

Mike - Heh. The fridge has all the answers. The thing is, we don't know what to ask it.

Bearette - One of the best mapping systems out there. They are a book with maps. I personally prefer AAA maps, but that's my preference. My real estate agent swears by Thomas Guides.

Sadie - Yeah, this was something I need to do again. I'm trying to get more time in the day so I could take my blog more seriously again. I think it's lost its "umph."

Slade - I think we all do. Funny thing is my mother screamed at me whenever I did that. Maybe that's why it's such a guilty pleasure. ;)

Thom - You left your cell in there? That's awesome. I had a friend who jumped in a hot tub with his cell phone in his shorts.

Tshsmom - Hmm...which is worse, putting your cell phone in the fridge or coffee?

Notta - Thanks. Hope yours was good.

Dawner - I'm married and I do that too. :)

Saurkraut - I think cannibals are going to get together and try to sue you, me, and the 5th Circle folks. :(

I'll check it out.

Bsoholic - Cereal box? done that.

Cigarette lighter? Nope. I always lose them somewhere else though.

CD case? Nope

Clothosfate - I did. :)

Miladysa - No. I think we got it from our mother country (that means you). ;)

Kris - Making fun of people rules. It's something that needs to be done more often.

Lime - Very cool. Definitely looking forward to both posts. :)

Dave - You're back! Hope your Honeymoon went well. Heh. You're married.

1/30/2006 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home