Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I've been tagged twice

I got tagged twice, so we'll interrupt our regular programming for my responses.

First, The Zombie Lama tagged me with 5 songs I'm currently digging. Here's what I said, but I had the rules wrong and replied on his blog so I'll correct myself and post here.

Five Songs

One Headlight by The Wallflowers
Lady Strange by Def Leppard
Loch Ness by Judas Priest
White Night Fantasy by Nightwish
I Wanna Be Sedated by the Ramones

The 2nd tag I got from Bridget.

Seven Things

Seven things you plan to do before you die:
1) Get my anti-zombie compound built,
2) Create a small amusement park. I've already started on pieces of parts of one of the rides,
3) Attend Mardi Gras (I stole that from Bridget)
4) Go to all 50 states,
5) Visit every island in the Caribbean, well, every one that's more than a rock,
6) write that novel,
7) get that screenplay finished and made into a movie

Seven things you can do:
1) Play guitar, bass, and piano,
2) cook,
3) write,
4) throw a football very accurately to twenty yards, somewhat accurately at thirty, well, slightly accurately at forty (probably wishful thinking now)
5) tell jokes,
6) hike for miles carrying a kid on my shoulders,
7) stare at beautiful women

Seven things you can't do:
1) Not stare at beautiful women,
2) be politically correct,
3) do something I know is wrong,
4) play the bass part of sheet music with any decent speed. When I read sheet music, I just do an octave for the left hand,
5) fix a transmission. I can fix an engine, but if the tranny goes out, I sell or junk the car,
6) sit still for hours,
7) not laugh when someone trips and falls down. I'm sorry but that's still funny after all these years

Seven things that attract you to the opposite sex:
Oh no, I have to do this again? Well, read my this if you haven't already. I'm too lazy to write it twice.

Seven things you say most:
1) Are you going to eat that? If not, pass it down.
2) Hmm...
3) Yup (got that from living in Texas)
4) Are you going to finish that martini? If not, pass it down.
5) Hey (instead of hi)
6) Cool
7) Shoot it! (I hate when people hesitate taking a shot in either soccer or basketball)

Seven celebrity crushes:
Ah, a list that's actually different than Bridget's. ;)
1) Alessia Merz (Italian actress)
2) Monica Bellucci (Italian actress)
3) Cristina Scabbia (Italian singer)
4) Carla Gugino
5) Salma Hayek
6, 7, and 8 - oops, one over) Any of the top Victoria Secret babes - Tyra, Laetitia, Adriana Lima

And I'm supposed to tag seven people, but I'm going to break the rules and only tag four. Mybrid, Laura, Dave, and Savage, you're all tagged. I think I haven't tagged you before, Laura. Not sure though. You could either take the Five Songs or the Seven Things tag.

20 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

That is a pretty song. I haven't listened to much new metal lately. I've revived my interest in industrial in recent years. I shall have to begin working on responses to the lucky sevens...

8/23/2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

damn you get into that tagged stuff eh?

8/23/2005 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound hyper but likeable. Thanks for letting us inside the Zombiedome.

8/23/2005 11:42 AM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

Finally I've heard a Nightwish song. Very cool stuff.

Have you ever heard Coheed and Cambria? I've been majorly into them for the past six months. Maybe I should write a post about them...

8/23/2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Laura - I listen to industrial as backround music, not really listen listen to it. I do like it though, for it reminds me of the clubbing days back when I was younger. Looking forward to your sevens.

SG - I'll make a mental note not to tag you. I only respond if I'm having writer's block. As for rum on the Caribbean, what better life is there than that?

Dusty - If I have writer's block. ;)

Michele - Yup. The last team of Junior's I was assistant coach and known as the hyperactive coach. But I was fun. Any drills I made them do, I did with them.

Levi - Please post more. Would be glad to hear them. No, never heard of them though.

8/23/2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger Mybrid said...

Woohooo! Got tagged for the first time. Very cool.

I love the song you put on. I typically can't stand female singers, but I will make an exception for this one, she's not screaming or whining.

I'll work on my homework later tonight.

8/23/2005 2:40 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

MY husband could carry our kids for hours on his shoulders too. I can do it for 5 minutes, tops, then I can feel my vertebrae grinding together.

8/23/2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Tshsmom - Well, I can't carry Junior anymore that far, but younger kids sure. That kid's already almost five feet. Maybe we feed him too much protein.

Mybrid - It was just a matter of time before you got tagged. ;)
Glad you liked the song. The whole album's really good. I do wish they'd play America.

8/23/2005 5:11 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Twentyfour hours ago... I wanna be sedated!

Rockin!

8/23/2005 6:39 PM  
Blogger Mybrid said...

Mission accomplished.

8/23/2005 6:45 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Bridget - That was sweet (blushing). :)

Bsoholic - Ah, thanks. I had Eye of the Tiger going through my head. That's much better now.

Mybrid - Cool. Check it out I will.

8/23/2005 7:02 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

What is the best thing you can play on the guitar? I admire that you can play more than one instrument - I wish I could play piano. :-P

8/23/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger funny bunny said...

you're writin a novel...cool...i'll be the first to buy it!! no kiddin':)

8/23/2005 11:22 PM  
Blogger funny bunny said...

hey you know what happened to SG?? kindda miss her man!

yooo hooo SG!! HI to you....take care!

7 things i wanna do before i die
1. get a book published
2. compile a CD
3. read the next HP book
4. meet Brandon Boyd
5. see incubus liveshow
6. learn how to drive
7. get enlightned!!! heheh...last but the most imp. one

8/23/2005 11:26 PM  
Blogger Mybrid said...

TC, save your responses for your blog, you've been tagged by me. Check my blog.

8/24/2005 1:56 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Danius - Send 'em the questions. ;)

ZL - Amazon has it. Make sure you get the album with 13 songs. This one is one of the two bonus songs. It's from the album Once.

Mybrid - Glad you played. :)
Commented on your blog.

Tenxin - This one might be years away unfortunately. Still trying to get my wife's published.

Jen - I play mostly heavy metal, but some folk and flamenco pieces as well. One of these days, I need to learn the rest of Romance Antiguo, a popular Flamenco piece that you may have heard before.

Andre - Thanks. Don't worry, they've all had invitations to the anti-zombie compound. I haven't heard back from any of them yet though.

8/24/2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

SG - Thanks babe!
Wishing you and your family best of luck. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

8/24/2005 1:52 PM  
Blogger sygyzy said...

What does it mean that you got "tagged"?

Also, Nightwish is amazing. Check out the video for Nemo.

8/24/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Sygyzy - If you get tagged, you have to answer the same questions that were asked in the tag.

Thanks for telling me about that Nemo video. I've never seen it. Had no idea you liked stuff like that. :)

8/24/2005 8:01 PM  
Blogger sygyzy said...

zombieslayer - I am like musical nomad, moving from genre to genre. The D in DVO stands for Diverse.

Let me know if you ever need any help with Nightwish stuff.

Check out Hammerfall too. They are a very FUN band.

8/25/2005 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home