Friday, August 19, 2005

Captain Bravado

Wow, that last post didn't go over too well. Oh well, I guess we can't agree on everything. I still love you all.

On the lighter side, here's a story for you. Let's go back hundreds of years.

Pirates have been raiding Spanish ships for decades now and everything the Spanish have tried only managed to cost the Crown more money with no success. That is, until they hired Captain Bravado.

"Bring me my red shirt!," Captain Bravado ordered the first mate. Not only did he fight valiantly, shooting a half a dozen pirates dead with his pistols and a dozen more slain by his saber, the story of the red shirt was something of legend.

"Why did you want me to bring you a red shirt, Captain Bravado?"

"Because if I got cut, my men will not see me bleed and will continue to fight."

The story made the rounds and Captain Bravado became the largest hero in the Spanish Empire.

A year later, five pirate ships were spotted. The guy right away notified Captain Bravado, who promptly ordered his first mate "bring me my brown pants!"

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Great potty joke without being dirty.
What is it with pirates and mafia? They have this allure to women when they're really a bunch of psychos. Must be the outfits.

8/19/2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

With the yellow crotch!

8/19/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger begins with v said...

haha! That is pretty funny! I'm not an advocate for pirate-killing because I think they are hot...especially ones named Jack sparrow

8/19/2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO

8/19/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Note to self - need realistic pirate costume to attract the babes. ;)

8/19/2005 2:01 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

LOL! Have a great weekend!

8/19/2005 2:29 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

You have no idea how much I needed that laugh today. Thanks! :-)

8/19/2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

Rotflmao! Code Brown! I don't know why I find bodily humor so funny.

8/19/2005 6:13 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Somebody bring Savage his brown pants!

8/20/2005 5:30 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

LOL! Be sure to participate in National Talk Like a Pirate Day on Sept.6

For more info on this check these crazy pirate guys out Talk Like a Pirate

8/20/2005 9:03 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Thanks for the chuckle ZS.

bsoholic - I love TLAP...the world would be better with more scurvy dog pirates in it. There should be more than one day.

8/20/2005 11:10 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Bsoholic - I was unaware. Okay, Sept 6th, got you marked. I love pirate stuff. One of these days, I'll have to post pics of the Pirate museum I went to while partying in the Caribbean.

8/20/2005 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home