Thursday, June 16, 2005

Open Letter to PC Nazis

You will not change the way I look at the world. You will not change the way I feel about people who are different from me. You will not convince me to tolerate someone I don't like. You will not convince me to hate America and be guilty for being a heterosexual male. You will not convince me to hate Christianity and like every religion but mine better than my own.

I will not apologize because my family owned slaves a hundred years before I was even born. I will not apologize because I eat three good meals a day and there are other people out there starving. I do not want my taxes raised either to help those starving people, especially ones far far away from me that I'll never even meet. I want to decide what charities to donate to and I don't want your dirty hands touching any of my money and making that decision for me.

So, you hate America's foreign policy. Well, what do you expect me to do about it? Hate to break it to you, but I've never gone golfing with President Bush. I've never had a musical jam session with Condoleezza Rice. I've never gone out shooting with Dick Cheney. I know Michael Jackson better than I know Donald Rumsfeld, which is from newspaper articles, not in person. If you asked anyone who makes real decisions who Mr. Zombieslayer is, they'd say "Mr. Zombiewho?" I didn't even vote for Bush. I voted Nader the first time around and Bednarik the second time around. In case you're too stupid to figure that out, Nader is not Bush and neither is Bednarik. They are both far, far, far away from Bush's ideologies.

That's right. So get off my a** already about it. It's not my fault one bit and I don't feel the slightest bit of guilt about it. You PC Nazis just don't know when to shut up. You are like an annoying kid who keeps poking at the kid doing his homework, then wonders why the kid doing his homework suddenly gets up and beats the crap out of you.

I write to entertain. Some folks like my stuff. Some don't. If you don't, there are plenty of other blogs out there that I'm sure will put up with your pretentious PC crap more than I would. And don't go following me around to other blogs either to start crap because that's just not cool and it's totally inconsiderate of the other person's blog.

For the rest of you non-PC people who still know how to laugh, thanks for putting up with all the crap I've had to put up with on this blog the past few weeks. However, now you'll have to excuse me because I have some more Dave Chapelle to watch.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Even if we don't agree on everything (although it's probably just a matter of degrees), I've never found it productive to induce guilt in anyone. PC is every bit as closeminded as any other form of bigotry.

6/17/2005 10:24 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

wow...

Should you rename yourself "PC-slayer?"...

Why should you care if some "PC" individual calls you "names"? Does that make them un-PC for stereo-typing zombie-slayers as fascist?

You are allowed an opinion.

6/17/2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/17/2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

Hello fellow English PERSON. Lord Hoffman-Gill from Huff & Puff Castle. Back again to stir the jolly old night soil bucket are we.
I suggest you hop on your high horse and gallop out of towm in a cloud of dust. "Yoiks..Tantivy..Tally-Ho"..and all that damm Rot What!!!
What a frightfully awful fellow you are in fact you are not a nice chappie at all, you bounder.
PS, Your picture say's not a thousand words, but enough; (Your head is not on straight)
Vest daily gaggle.

6/17/2005 6:46 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/17/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

ZS, SO FREAKING TRUE!!! It reminds me of the one South Park where the kids are sent off to tolerance camp and it is basically a concentration camp where they learn to tolerate all the things that normal human beings shouldn't. I hate to say it but Trey&Matt aren't too far off from the truth. And that, my friend, is the scariest fact of all.

6/17/2005 8:41 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Two ways to be tolerated by just about everyone:
1) if you're cool or,
2) if you're funny.

Forcing me to tolerate someone is going to make me not like them. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are awesome. They hate political correctness more than I do.

6/17/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

And, often, cool and funny go hand in hand... Those that are both will have a popular Zombie-proof compound.

6/17/2005 10:06 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

PC in schools is a major issue, too. Now we can't discuss anything if it's not in a perfect little box. This year I got into trouble because my students asked me questions about homosexuality, various religions, and several current events. Though I always present things from all possible sides, parents would FREAK if we talked about something they disagreed with. It's a little frustrating for an EDUCATOR.

6/18/2005 7:19 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Yeah, PC in schools, especially at the University level, is just disgusting.

You may have heard the case when someone asked a Professor why there weren't more women in hard sciences. He simply replied that it's any one of these factors, or a combination of several:
1) women don't find those fields interesting,
2) women are better at some things and those are things they are weaker at,
3) society tells women to steer away from those fields.

Well, needless to say, he was forced to spend the rest of the semester apologizing for his remarks. So if I'm a Professor, I'd just take the 5th when asked anything. Makes for a wonderful learning environment.

Oh, for the record, I've met some brilliant women in computer engineering, some even I look up to, but most of my colleagues are men. My take is women aren't aggressive enough. One of my colleagues should have been the Director of the entire department and she was just a grunt like me. I kept bugging her about it too, but she had no desire to be one, even though she was much better than the jerk who was the Director at the time.

6/18/2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Don't let it get to you ZS. Your humor and common sense attitude is what attracted me to your blog.
We're all here to have a good time. There's plenty of political site out there if we wanted to rehash the news and and bash Republicans or Democrats.
In the blogworld I've been accused of being BOTH a conservative AND a liberal. I've also been accused of being an Atheist and pro-abortion. I'm NONE of these things!

6/18/2005 3:14 PM  
Blogger Floating Gum said...

LOL. I love it!

There is a decided lack of respect for other people having an opinion lately. Everyone is supposed to think one uniform way, and if we don't follow a certain train of thought... well, I'm waiting for the "re-education camps" to sping up...

6/19/2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Tshsmom - Whatever your politics are, I could tell your a good person. That matters more to me than someone's political beliefs.

Floating Gum - Thanks for coming. Yes, I fear that is the plan for everyone to think one uniform way, just like China. There are a lot of people out there who have a cow when people don't think just like they do.

6/19/2005 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home