Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Red's Meatballs Part I

Folks, this is starting to get real weird. I'm starting to think there is a higher power at work here, and I'm not sure if it's God or Satan. I'll figure that out later. What I do know though is every time I go to cook Red's Meatballs, something comes up and I'm prevented from doing it.

Many of you know Red much better than I do. One thing I know of Red is that she's proud of her cooking talents. Not only is she proud of her cooking talents, she's kind enough to share some of her recipes. That gets a thumbs-up in my book, for the qualities that will automatically get you an invitation to my anti-zombie compound are - having a superb sense of humor, being a hot Italian actress, or having some other much needed skill.

I'm a good cook, but I don't want to do 100% of the cooking. Plus, I like variation and I don't want to eat my food every day, especially when we have zombies moaning at the walls 24-7.

I only cook stuff that takes more than five minutes to prepare on the weekdays because I get home late and have very little time to spend with Junior before he goes to bed (he's still in school). Since Red posted her famous Meatball recipe, this is what happened on my weekends - we have surprise guests who specifically ask for the famous Zombieslayer bar-be-ques, we go down to the San Francisco Bay Area to visit friends, Mama Zombieslayer came up from Texas so we went out to fine restaurants every night, and last weekend, I get stricken with the stomach flu so any chance of cooking goes out the window. I don't remember what order that went in besides last weekend because I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember S*** for those who don't know about the affliction).

So that said, hopefully this weekend I'll post Red's Meatballs Part II when I actually comment on how they tasted.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post makes no sense whatsoever

6/15/2005 9:20 PM  
Blogger G3T Films said...

Well it's nothing to do with me, and I know for a fact that God's on an extended holiday.

Maybe you're just being paranoid.

6/15/2005 9:22 PM  
Blogger begins with v said...

another thing red is good at is being hilarious!

6/16/2005 8:13 AM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Hehe! Anonymous, makes sense to me! Hehe!

Slade, thank you!

Zombiedude, there's no rush. My recipes are just suggestions if you're feeling adventurous. Ha! Ha!

6/16/2005 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zombieslayer. I'm at someone's house who doesn't have a screener and checked out your blog, because I haven't been able to get on for a week or so.
I've figured out the problem: It's Savage's comments. He drops the F bomb alot. Savage, can I ask you to please refrain from that, while commenting on this blog? I honestly don't care if you use it daily, often, or whatever, you could even say it in my presence, but it makes it so I can't read Zombie's blog. (I have kids at home and have a netnanny) Thanks in advance for your cooperation. If you're offended, I'm sorry, and I guess I won't know, since I won't be able to get back in.
Anyhoo...Zombie, sorry for being bossy on your blog, but I miss reading it.

6/16/2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

Oh my! You've made me realize that my own blog is "NETNANNY's" worst enemy. Oh well

Zombieslayer ... Post the barbecue recipe up if it's not too "Secret Recipe-ish"

Red, Can you help me out? I have a little "Cake Situation" - Although, I have sworn off baking forever :-( I'm willing to come out of retirement if there is a 100% guarantee my cake will not be a complete disaster like every single time I have tried to make one.

6/16/2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Anon1 - guess you have to know Red.

Satan - All right, I won't blame you then. Sorry.

Slade - Yes, that's one reason I read her blog.

Red - well, I'll still let you know when they get made.

Anon2 - I'll have to bug Savage about it. I myself have been trying not to swear both in the internet and in person. Takes a lot of work.

Cultureshocked - Depends. Sometimes I made a marinara sauce (from scratch) and add apple cider vinegar and molasses, put the chicken in a tupperware and let it marinate for the day. Sometimes I just do other things. One of these days I'll post more detail. I don't use recipes for bbq's though.

6/16/2005 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home