Saturday, June 04, 2005

Hot Belgian babe - Audrey Hepburn

Well, I missed her. May she rest in peace. I'm too old for some things and too young to remember Ms. Hepburn in her prime. Bummer.

I looove smart women. Audrey was smart. And classy. And a heck of a dresser. And she spoke six languages fluently. She even helped in the resistance against the Nazis. If she loved guns and played bass, I'd be working on a time machine.

I got so pissed off when Hollywood selected Jennifer Love Hewitt to play Audrey Hepburn. Hewitt has no class. She's crass, and also has a horrible face. Why couldn't they have had Natalie Portman play her? I like Natalie. She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn.

For those who wonder why she was skinny, it was because when the Nazis fled Holland, they took everything that wasn't bolted down, including all the food. Ms. Hepburn survived on tulip bulbs and her metabolism never recovered. Not that I mind her skinny. Skinny just looks right on her.

Anyways, here's to your memory, Ms. Hepburn. I enjoyed many of your movies.

5 Comments:

Blogger begins with v said...

I totally agree with you on the Jennifer Love thing...I can't stand her! No class or face, yep

6/04/2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I think it's fabulous that the thing you like most about the Late Ms. Hepburn was her intelligence. And I'll hop on the bandwagon to vote "Nay!" for Jennifer Love Hewitt = Audrey. Not even close. There was something delicate, classy and slightly unattainable about Audrey Hepburn, and J.L.H. is about as far from those things as you can get.

6/04/2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Yeah, I've still got a crush on Audrey Hepburn. She was beautiful and I think she's right behind Hede Lamarr on smartsmeter.

Hede wins that one because she actually came up with a way to spread a radio signal over multiple frequencies. No big deal? Um yeah... except it made it possible to use radio guidance on torpedoes in WWII without them being jammed. It's the same technology that allows us to use cel phones. Weird huh? She came up with this at cocktail party and drew it on a napkin which proves two things... First hot and smart can cme in the same package and, second, we should all be drinking more.

P.S.-- I like JLHewitt even if she does lame movies and wants so to be a tough, slutty chick... She was nice to me and let me take her picture on the set of a TV show.

6/04/2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Audrey Hepburn, Hedy Lamarr, Theda Bara, Grace Kelly -- you just don't see women of this caliber in movies much anymore. Kate Winslet and Cat Blanchett probably come closest.

6/05/2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I had no idea who Hedy Lamarr was, but doing an imdb.com search, she played as a Ziegfeld girl. :)
Ms. Lamarr's face was stunning and only as of a few weeks ago could I explain how to spread radio signal over multiple frequencies. The fact she invented that has me hooked.

As for Katherine, I'll always love her for her role on African Queen. That was sexy.

Casablanca's one of my favs, and it didn't hurt it to have Ingrid Bergman as the lead female role. Wow.

Cate Blanchett will be featured as a hot babe on this site in the near feature. I like her.

And I have yet to see Sabrina. No worries though because my buddy's going to buy an Audrey three-pack that of course contains it.

6/07/2005 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home