Thursday, June 30, 2005

For Harry Potter junkies only

Okay, if you're not a Harry Potter junkie, you can skip this post and I won't blame you one bit. If you are, I'd love to hear your two cents about what I'm going to say.

For the record, JK Rowling is on my cool list. When the zombies come, I sincerely hope she's in America and not England so we could send out a rescue squad for her. Lucas is now off my cool list and JK Rowling is on it. And I even liked Star Wars III, but its two predecessors were so bad that III did not make up for them. Goodbye Lucas, hello JK Rowling. Besides, Ms. Rowling is kind of sexy. I find creativity sexy in a woman. I was surprised to see she wasn't bad to look at either.

Anyways...Mrs. Zombieslayer already has Harry Potter 6 pre-ordered. The fourth movie also comes out this year. These are my predictions for the next two books. Keep in mind that they may not necessarily happen in 6 or 7, but they will happen in one or the other.

1) Ron and Hermoine finally get together. My guess book 7 after Hermoine breaks up with Krum and Ron breaks up with someone else.
2) Harry Potter stuns Voldemort, but Neville delivers the fatal blow. For the record, being an orphan must suck big time but what happened to Neville is even worse.
3) One of the teachers dies. I hope it's not McGonagall. I really like her a lot. My guess is that it's Snape and he dies in an act of heroism, possibly saving Harry's life.
4) Fudge dies. I wouldn't mind because I really don't like him. I'm hoping Umbrict dies too.
5) Harry Potter falls in love with someone and she dies.
6) It's an all out war in book 7. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle's parents all die. However, Draco Malfoy turns against his father and becomes a good guy.
7) All three schools will have to unite in the fight. The good guys will get routed until the world unites against the Death Eaters.

My favorite characters - Fred and George. They crack me up. In book 5, practically every scene they were in they had me laughing. I love their blatant disregard for rules. Hermoine is a close second. I like her a lot because she has nothing going for her other than brains and ambition.

The characters I hate the most - Umbrict and Fudge. I hate them even more than Voldemort. Voldemort is selfishly evil but I can see why he's what he is. People I hate more than anyone else are people who use law to do evil. Voldemort is more like a power mad psychopath. Umbrict is more like a Stalin or Hitler. Fudge is a typical politician with his head up his you know where.

That's it. Looking forward to book 6 and movie 4. I love book four. Just finished reading it again and I'm about to read book 5 again.

Anyone else have predictions? For the record, I don't know Ms. Rowling personally so these are just predictions. I have no idea how right or wrong they will be.

9 Comments:

Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

I have this vague feeling that Harry will die at the end of book 7. Give his life and all that.

I'm a Snape fan and it bugs me that Harry hates him. Yeah he was a jerky teacher and all but Harry's dad was kind of a jerk too. That said, I agree that Rowling is setting up Snape for a big-time heroic act in one of the next books.

6/30/2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Congratulations, you're the first guy I know that caught on to the Ron-Hermoine thing without me telling you. My husband, son and grandson all kept saying "Where did it say that?" I worry that my son and grandson will be too gullible to cope with women's "wiles".
Neville delivering the death blow would be totally cool. I feel so sorry for poor Neville!
I, too, see death in the stars for Snape. I also predict all out war in 7. However, I see Crabbe and Goyle coming around before ANY of the Malfoys.
Fudge will either die through his own stupidity or he will get demoted to the mail room.
I still haven't gotten over Sirrius' death. Poor Harry finally has someone to love him and poof!
I hate the Dursleys. What they do to a lonely, orphaned child is unforgiveable!!
I love all the good guys, but I think Mrs. Weasly is my fav. We're a lot alike.
Didn't you love the way Rowling captured the teenaged attitudes in 5?
We've got 6 pre-ordered too. If you think the wrestling in Spoons is bad, you should see the battles the 3 of us have when we get a new Harry Potter! We usually all wind up reading it at the same time. Whenever the book is laying around, one of us pounces on it. Sorta like the seagulls in Finding Nemo; MINE,MINE,MINE!

6/30/2005 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brigit-- become a posthumous hero-- and save your lover harry from a fate worser than death

6/30/2005 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tshsmom : At first i was too was devestated about sirus's death too, I cried forever ect. ect. But if you read closely it never really says he dies, I am predicting a return of Sirus. YAY!

Zombieslayer: Of course Ron and Hermione get together at the end. I liked your predictions, although I thinl that JK will surprise us all in some ways, she always has before.

I am so exited for harry potter 6 !!!!!!

6/30/2005 9:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Not Harry Potter Related, but I thought You'd appreciate this story:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

7/01/2005 4:30 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

whoops, it cutoff, lemme try a hyperlink:

Zombie Dogs

7/01/2005 4:32 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Laura - Sadie posted about the zombie dogs. Scary stuff.

David F - I too like Ginny. She's cute and I'd really like to see Harry marry into the Weasleys. I love the Weasleys.

Rosalyn - I think Rowling will bring Sirius back. True he never really dies, he's more trapped in a void.

Mokuyobi - you're weird for more than not liking Harry Potter. ;) Of course that was said with utmost affection though.

Bridget - Hagrid. I think everyone loves Hagrid.

Tshsmom - Mrs. Weasley has a heart of gold. There's so much to love about her. She has become Harry's mother figure.

JK - yeah, you should skip this post until you read 5.

Levi - I really hope he doesn't die. I think they'll be a lot of angry women out there calling for Rowling's head.

Snape fans - I love Snape. I think it's most unfortunate Snape makes Harry inherit his father's sins. I've never hated anyone as much as Snape hated Harry's father though, but I imagine I'd hold a grudge too if I did. Would I take it out on their children? I don't know. But I strongly believe children should not inherit their parents' sins.

7/01/2005 9:03 AM  
Blogger Quycksilver said...

No way Draco Malfoy or any of the other SLytherins turn to the good side. They're all kids of death-eaters, and those apples don't fall far from the trees. They don't respect Dumbledore or any of his followers.

Harry didn't realize that his father and his friends were so mean to Snape, all he knew was that from the very beginning, Snape treated him like dirt for no apparent reason. I think this one one of the better relationships in the books.

I think it's Umbridge, not Umbrict.

I disagree with the "Harry will fall in love and she'll die" prediction. Ron and Hermione probably wil finally get together, but I don't see Ron dumping anyone in order for that to happen.

there are four schools:
griffendor
ravenclaw
hufflepuff
slytherin

7/02/2005 4:36 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Melanie - Hermoine is a hottie. She's smart, ambitious, and cute. Ron will be a lucky guy. I love Snape too. Junior hates him and doesn't understand why I like him so much. And how did I forget Hagrid? Well, we kind of know he'll hook up with Madame Maxine.

Quycksilver - I meant the other schools like that one in France and the one in Eastern Europe. As for one of the bad guys turning good, I'd like to see it, just to see someone stand up for what's right instead of following their destiny. Thanks for the spelling mistakes. I was away from the books when I wrote this.

7/05/2005 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home