Saturday, September 24, 2005

A few shouts out

I have a request for everyone. Please set your blog to do the following. Go to Settings/Archiving/Enable Post Pages and set this to Yes. Levi has his set this way and so do I. It's great so when someone mentions one of your articles, the article actually has its own separate webpage and we could specify it that way.

Okay, I want to know a few things. Like what crack addict decided the abbreviation for pounds should be "lbs?"

Speaking of lbs, when's America going to go Metric? The system makes sense. I've already started using Metric terminology in my shooting. Kind of pisses off the other shooters though. "Range me, Zombieslayer."

"About 150 meters, three kilometer per hour winds from the southwest."

"What the !@#$%^& does that mean?"

"Metrics Billy Bob. Get with the times."

Also, have you seen the cover of the recent Life cereal boxes? They have kids made out of Legos. Now, I like Legos just as much as the next guy, but these Lego kids look like lepers.

The following posts made me laugh. One warning, some of the posts have profanity and mature humor, so you might want to check out the links before showing the kiddies.

Levi for some strange reason always makes me laugh. His latest post was a response to my attempt at humor. I like his better because mine was just straight humor. His actually had a point to it.

Bridget Jones is consistently funny. Her best lately was her post on Monday September 19th about the not Hallmark cards. Those were awesome. You'll have to scroll down a little.

Bsoholic and Thom have a funny site together about Cubicle Hell. Check out their site. The one that really had me laughing was the calling in sick joke.

And this site brought up an old wound. Remember the Kelo vs New London case, which pretty much says that you have no private property rights? Well, Chris is doing something about it. He has very simple directions for finding out who your Congressman or woman is and who your Senators are, then contacting them about the case. He has a pre-written letter, well-written, asking for their impeachment. Go Chris!

Click here.

By the way, the first three will hopefully make you laugh, but I really hope at least one of you clicks on the fourth one and sends your Congressman or Congresswoman and your Senators an email. It needs to be done. Those justices who voted for that act need to be impeached.

If you're unaware of Kelo vs New London, in a nutshell, it says that a corporation that wants a strip mall where your house is can use an Eminent Domain ruling against you.

I don't like this current trend of corporations having more power than Americans. It needs to stop. We need to draw the line here at Kelo Vs New London.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Zombie, thanks for the plug for my boy Levi. Yes, when you, he and Sadie all grow up and take over there will be shouts of joy from the people.
But when you do come to power, please don't convert the country to the metric system. Have you ever tried to read a recipe in metric? Yuk.
Your comments about the leper kids on the cereal box cracked me up. More ads that repulse are the toe and fingernail fungus ones. I mean, I feel sorry for folks that suffer with that, but have you ever been eating and turned to a magazine page with one of those pictures? Another really disturbing one is a Ripple toilet paper ad that shows a lady bending over in tiny shorts, a close up on her bottom and it says something like "Feel clean all over" So gross. How many people feel dirty down there? I've been eating when I saw that one, too and it ruined my lunch.

9/24/2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Michele - Yikes. Hadn't thought of the cooking element. Okay, we definitely need non-Metric for cooking, football, and height and weight. I'd hate to have to convert all that to Metric.

More ads that repulse are the toe and fingernail fungus ones.

I did a whole post on that awhile back. ;)

As for that Ripple toilet paper ad, I nominate you for Minister of Decency in Ad Media. Yuck.

9/24/2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Word! Thanks for the shout-out Zombieslayer! 5th Circle Cubic Hell is just a way for us cube dwellers to have fun, all on company time!

9/24/2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

The old addage you are never too late to learn applies to Americans too, despite being one of the most forward moving countries, you are dragging the chain by adhering to the archaic British systems for measurement, did you not become independant in 1776?. British Commonwealth Countries only have use for imperial measurement as a source for Quiz Questions, the wrinklies are usually the first to press the button.
I have lived with decimalisation for thirty years and my former pre deci inclinations have gone, decimalisation is far less comic opera complicated Imperial system and very simple to learn, so having said that, most Americans should find it a doddle. Remember; You will get more centimetres(Am-centimeters)for your inches, and men bragging about six inches suddenly have seven point five Centimeters, which is much more impressionable.
Remember that it is inevitable, so if you want to be leaders adapt to it now.

9/24/2005 8:30 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

Michele: I wrote a post months ago about those awful toenail ads and the like always turning up around mealtimes, I like many others threatened the tv stations that it had to cease 'or else'. I dont think we have had the 'Lady bending over in shorts advert' down in STRAYER as I am certain to have remembered it.
Cooking measurements like a half a cupful, teaspoonful, a glassfull a pinch of salt can be a lottery because of their misc sizes, making the gravy taste the same each week can only be achieved buying it packaged, or going metric.
Senor Zombieslayer may become El Presidente by means of the 'save America from decimalisation ticket. However most presidents presignify their intent before office but eventually move the goal posts, and ZS will save the USA economy by chnging to the metric system.

9/24/2005 9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think local law can circumvent the whole corporation thing..can't it? I use the metric system all the time..when I buy pot at my local state sanctioned co-op.

9/25/2005 1:07 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Michele--
My husband used to think tampon ads were the most offensive. He has recently changed his mind. The new worst ads to him are the feminine itch/odor medicine/cream ads.
I'd rather watch a slew of nail fungus ads back to back while eating yogurt than watch a feminine itch/odor commercial with a man in the room.

9/25/2005 8:06 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Sadie - Thankfully we don't have ads for jock itch on TV. I'd be embarassed to see an ad like that in front of a decent woman, so I understand how decent women feel when they see female anatomy ads on TV with decent men present.

Dusty - Well, don't want to rely on it. The Feds are like a bunch of bullies and it's supposed to be the job of the Supreme Court to keep them in check. I'd love to see them impeached for siding with corporations over people almost every time.

Vest - Your posts were both funny.

When I cook, I never measure anything. I just know how much spice, oils, etc. to throw in. But baking on the other hand is an exact science and I'm an old dog in that respect.

Bsoholic - Got to give you a shout out for all the laughs you two have given me.

Bridget - And what I said to Bsoholic I'll say to you too.

What's the great quote about all that's needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing?

that's the quote. And it's right.

Chris - We have to draw the line in the sand somewhere. This is where I draw it. Thanks for fighting the good fight.

9/25/2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I dunno, metric is easy for cooking I think - in Europe they do everything by weight. Dry measurements like flour are done in grams not cups. Metric is for sissies though. The 'Merican way keeps you on your toes. ;-)

Actually ZS, I have seen ads for Jock Itch. But for me the most offensive commericals are those stupid boner pills. Pretty much all pharmecutical advertising is bad IMHO since it takes the decision-making away from your doctor... "but doc, I saw this on TV"...

9/25/2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Laura - Getting drug ads off TV would be one of the first things I'd do if I were running the show. I hate them all. "Ask your doctor about...Side effects include..."

Ever read or see Huxley's Brave New World? That's what those ad companies remind me of.

9/25/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger funny bunny said...

thanx zombie boy!
i did watch BJ's Diary i...one cute movie...can really relate to that chick!

ps: hope you weren't anyway near Rita!
take care:)

9/25/2005 11:39 PM  
Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Zombie .. I had quite a visit this morning. Levi did a good and I thought to myself, now I should have written something like that.

I am still laughing at Bridget "not hallmark" and waiting for her to set them to graphics so I can buy one of the first set.

B & T joke brought tears to my eyes from laughter ...

But Chris site had me writing Delay, since I have moved in his district. As a matter of fact I am going to give him hell via email.

All and all ... you woke me up this morning and it's off to a good start.

Thanks for the shout out, and I do Metric only when cooking certain dishes. Hell, I am not too old to learn, but I can not afford new measuring cups ... not with these gas prices. However, I do notice you get a little more with Metric ...hummm, something to think about.

9/26/2005 4:47 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

The side effects for some of the drugs advertised on TV sound worse than the actual symptom you're trying to get rid of with the drug! I'd rather have allergies than a low sex drive and the runs.

9/26/2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

ZL - Wasn't John Ashcroft beaten by a dead guy? So you probably still have a shot. ;)

Glad you wrote the letters. Awesome that Chris is doing this because I wouldn't have written letters without seeing his site.

TC - Nope, nowhere near. My parents and two of my brothers are there though.

LP - Glad I could make you laugh, even though it wasn't me making you laugh. ;)

Also very cool to write the letter. If I meet Chris, I'm buying him a beer.

Oh, never cooked with Metric by the way. All my cookbooks are in the old English system.

Sadie - Yeah, really. It's like headache medicines that make you depressed. Wonderful side effect there. I'll drink a glass of water and take a nap instead.

9/26/2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

Zombie: Thanks for the shout-out, man. It was you who inspired me. :)

9/26/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Thomcat said...

yo zombie slayer - thanks ... here's your $5 ...

9/26/2005 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home