Saturday, September 10, 2005

Football predictions anyone?

Hats off to Shawn

First off, I just wanted to say that once again, Shawn's written a wonderful piece. It explains why it's not so easy to get up and go, especially if you're broke. Give it a read if you haven't read it yet.

Back to football

Well, Ben's putting money on his Vikings, since Vegas is saying 7:1. Vikes are going to be good this year, so don't be surprised if it's their turn to represent the NFC in losing the Super Bowl to the Pats this year.

As you probably already know, I'm a huge Packer fan and it's driving me nuts that Favre's last years will be spent with one of the league's worst defenses. That means Favre will be forced to air it out. Well, hopefully that means two more 4000 yard seasons. Favre's way better than Peyton Manning by the way.

Geez, it just doesn't stop for Favre. His father died recently, his brother-in-law died in an ATV accident, his wife gets breast cancer, Reggie White dies, and now his place is destroyed by Katrina. The guy's a saint though. He's currently doing everything he can to raise money for hurricane survivors, of which most of his relatives are.

Back to football, sorry Laura, but I predict the Bears to be in last place with a 3-13 record, the Vikes to win the NFC North, the Packers and Lions to both finish 9-7 but neither make the playoffs. Don't feel bad though Laura. At least you have 1985 to remember. Ben's Vikes have yet to win the big one.

The Falcons and Eagles win their respective divisions. Panthers look good, but only get a wild card. It really is a toss up for which NFC team goes on to lose the Super Bowl to the Pats.

Yo Mel, did I mention that my next door neighbor in Houston was Warrick Dunn's running coach? Supposebly a wonderful gentleman, very quiet and soft-spoken. I have a soft spot for Michael Vick too, so wouldn't mind seeing the Falcons do well, unless of course they're playing the Pack.

And no, Colts fans. This won't be your year. In fact, you will never have your year. Football is not just the quarterback. Marino's better than your Peyton Manning and even he's never won the big one on his own. You need a team.

So who do you predict to win the big one? My prediction is if somehow Bill Belichick's Pats don't make the Super Bowl, the NFC representative, whether it's the Vikes, the Falcons, or the Eagles wins it all. If the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl, they once again win the big one.

11 Comments:

Blogger begins with v said...

Here in Lexington we have the worst football team ever...and every time they do interviews on T.V., they sound like the biggest dumbazzes I've ever heard...

I used to be a Browns fan...hehe

9/10/2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

My prediction is that the Bears will continue to suck, and I will continue to not care in the slightest ;-)

9/10/2005 2:08 PM  
Blogger kris said...

ZS, does no one watch college football? AM I ALONE AGAIN?!?

9/10/2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Kris - You're not alone. I love the college ball. I'm just having a hard time after my Auburn boys got robbed...some hurts just don't heal fast, you know. If I remember right, you're a 'Noles fan, eh? If so, that's too bad...I always liked Florida myself...can we still be friends.

ZS - There's a quiet ache in the heart of Packerland out here. We all know that it doesn't look too good this year. Later in the season I'll have to do a post on just how weird it is around here on game days. The streets are literally nearly empty...no joke. At first I was worried I would get pulled over for driving while a Packer game was on. Then I realized if I wore Packer green and yellow and had the game on the radio, I would never get a ticket...truly.

9/10/2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

All I look forward to when football starts, are parties with friends and the Superbowl=good times and good food.
Who cares about the score?
;)

9/11/2005 7:21 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I predict that I will not have to suffer through a single football game. :-P

9/11/2005 5:31 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Well, went to the sports bar and watched almost three quarters of the worst football played by the Packers with Favre at the helm. It's going to be a long year for Packers fans. :(

9/11/2005 6:17 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

It's going to be a long year for Titans fans as well, they looked pretty sorry yesterday. :(

9/12/2005 6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok..vick looked divine and donovan looked like doo doo..i had no idea you were so into football..it makes me smile :) and lastly..do not bet the ranch on the vikes..i think they will not make it to the superbowl.

9/12/2005 11:17 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

This one got by me, but I put my bid in for the Cowboys. I'm dreaming maybe, but with one weekend under by belt, I am guessing that the Vikes haven't got a prayer. The boys however, have a lot of young raw talent, and Sundays game showed that, but they won making some rookie errors. I think they take the NFC East, it all depends on whether or not they can handle the eagles, which they managed to do once last year.

9/13/2005 5:41 AM  
Blogger aNON said...

The Falcons have got a confident Michael Vick ... which should be a SCARY, scary thing for everyone else. They also have a solid offense and a decent defense.

Pittsburgh will put up a good showing but nonetheless, I pick Atlanta to take it home.

9/13/2005 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home