Friday, February 23, 2007

Glad I'm not going

My boss gave me the bad news. His wife bought him a ticket to Disney on Ice. He specifically asked her not to buy him one too, so not only is he stuck going, he's also driving. I told him I couldn't think of a worse way to spend a Friday evening. Poor guy.

Not that either of us have anything against ice skating. I remember back in the day watching Katarina Witt intently, hoping I'd get to see another boob slip. Janet Jackson might be heck of a singer, but Witt's got a better pair. Sorry Ms Jackson. You're still richer than I am, so don't take it too badly.

America definitely has our share of hot ice skaters. They just don't skate at Disney on Ice. My boss said there's a reason why they're there instead of elsewhere. Plus, it's Disney so you won't see any short skirts or wardrobe malfunctions.

* * *

In other news, one of my side jobs is studying and reviewing film. Yes, I get paid to do that. Stay in college kid, and learn to write. If you can write, you'll make money doing what you want to do. Trust me on this one.

Currently, I'm doing the female directors thingie. Thank God Penny Marshall's done, because if I had to watch one more of her movies, I think I'd shoot the t.v. And yes, just in case you're wondering, I don't have a gun while watching t.v. I've lived in Texas long enough to know that's not a good idea, especially when a football game's on t.v.

Sofia Coppola on the other hand is quite talented. Even if you don't like her style, you have to acknowledge she's an artist. She's also surprisingly nice to look at. No, Sofia, I'm married, so don't get any funny ideas.

After Ms Coppola, I'm doing Asia Argento. I'm doing her by request, especially because she's about the farthest thing away from Penny Marshall.

Have a good weekend, all.

14 Comments:

Blogger Udarnik said...

I feel lyrical. Let's see now...

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
Sclemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.
We're gonna do it!


Didn't you just hate that show? I don't think I ever made it through one episode. At least Michael McKean went on to redeem himself in Spinal Tap.

2/23/2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

ok, here's where you may hate me but i liked 'a league of their own.'

disney on ice...for adults? i might take my kids if they were under 8 but for adults?? no i don't think so. that does sound torturous.

2/24/2007 6:04 AM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Ah, Asia Argento. She's a peach. I liked "B. Monkey" not because it had any redeeming qualities whatsoever, but because it was full of fine sets and beautiful people.

I used to love going to the Ice Capades every year as a kid, but frankly I was more impressed by the Smurfs than any female figure skaters. ;)

2/24/2007 7:15 AM  
Blogger Bridget Jones said...

ROFL good one Zombie! I like Penny M's stuff, but then I watch movies for relief not depth.

2/24/2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Like Lime, I also liked A League of Their Own, but I don't remember watching other Penny Marshall movies. My mom and I would watch that show for stress relief, usually paired with a bottle of wine. Maybe I did and I just can't remember.

2/24/2007 9:18 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I can't believe that SME remembers the Smurfs over shaking Charlie Tickner's hand, and watching Scott Hamilton from rinkside seats!

2/25/2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Oh, Scott Hamilton was WAAAY cooler than the Smurfs! But yeah, I do remember shaking Papa Smurf's hand more than I recall Charlie Tickner's.

2/25/2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Yep, Lost in Translation is excellent.

Ben O.

2/27/2007 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Asia Argento will be happy to her that you're "doing her" -- by request no less!

Actually, I don't know who that is. That probably means she's very talented.

3/01/2007 6:51 AM  
Blogger begins with v said...

oh man, I don't think I could even stomach disney on ice!!!

3/02/2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger lime said...

btw....i plugged you at my place today ;)

3/02/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Just remembered that Asia A. was caught up in the J.T. LeRoy scam that I blogged about, when she was making his/her "Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" into a film. She slept with him/her.

3/03/2007 12:19 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

this wardrobe malfunction thing is becoming quite popular...& now it has become quite popular & a regular in India too. Every second day, you hear of wardrobe malfunction.
Trust us Indians to copy anything & evrything from America, down to the wardrobe falfunction...er malfunction thing...

3/03/2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

Yay! You're back!!!! Nobody told me, ah well found you anyway. :)

Congrats on your job reviewing films.

Take care and don't stay gone so long next time. ;)

3/05/2007 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home